Sunday, November 24, 2013

My favorite thing...

     Hi there!

     I have much to report on my amazing, awesome, fantastical meeting with my new friend, miniaturist and little-blogger Jane.  That will come in the next blog post, I promise! I have so much I want to say, and just not enough time to actually get it out and posted.  In a nutshell, it was so much fun!  She is wonderful and extremely talented, and I look forward to sharing it all with you very soon.

     In the meantime, I haven't had a chance to work on much (as I mentioned, it's been busy here in my full scale life!), but I did get a quick project that has been on my mind and heart finally completed!

     Here is the background:

     I am a believer in Christ.  He is my personal Savior and provider of all things.  I strive in my life to do all things (including my miniature creations) to glorify Him and His kingdom.

     One of my very favorite things in the entire world is a beautiful, handmade, birch cross that hangs in my living room (the heart of our home).  My husband, who is a non-believer, made it for me in an act of love for Valentine's Day several years ago.  It's beauty and message touch my heart every time I look at it proudly displayed in my home.  I am humbled that it was crafted by the hardworking hands of my amazing husband, and though its message is not the same for him at is for me, I am deeply touched that he loved me enough to make for me one of the most thoughtful gifts I could have ever received.

My real life, handmade, birch cross. <3


     It truly is one of my favorite things.

     Upon the recent reintroduction of my tiny house, I realized that there was one thing that was missing from my favorite little living room... my favorite thing in my real life living room!  So, I asked if my husband would cut me some birch twigs on his next hunting adventure and set out to make a mini-version of my beautiful birch cross.

     This is the end result, and I couldn't be happier.





     I should note, a straight pin will eventually be cut and used as a nail to go in the center of the hanging loop, but I can't find the box of straight pins I know I have somewhere amongst my craft supplies.


     Blessings to you all today and everyday.
     John 3:16

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to meet you hon ;) Your husband made you a wonderful display of faith, and you mini version is very nice.

    The little chess set I can see in your last shot looks pretty amazing! We will need more closeups of your beautiful little house pieces ;)

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, js

    ReplyDelete