Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Gentlemen and Leprechauns

     So, since last year when I found the most gorgeous, oversized holiday top hat to adorn the top of real life (rl) Christmas tree, I have been obsessed with top hat decor.  I made quite a few different top hats in varying sizes to put around my home to compliment my rl tree.  I have received amazing little top hat ornaments to put on my rl tree.  It's pretty safe to say, when I find a theme I love, I stick to it! lol

     Naturally, I was curious to see if I could bring my top hat theme to the world of mini.  I think there was success!  

    The green top hat is my first attempt.  It is a leprechaun hat for my swap meeting next week with miniaturist and little-blogger Jane.  She is working on a wonderful holiday shop where all the holidays will be represented.  I am going to compliment this adorable little top hat with a shillelagh and pot of gold.  I just had to represent my Irish! :)

     Here are the pictures of the hat:



   Again, I wanted to do a tutorial for you, but since I hadn't made one previously, I thought I would do a couple "testers" first (and also, figure out how to take pictures with only two hands...)

    I have a coat/hat tree in the master bedroom of my cottage.  It is adorned with a gorgeous, Victorian ladies hat (which I like to imagine is for Church and shopping outings.)  Today, my gentleman is represented as well. 

   Here is my traditional, black top hat (The glue wasn't quite dry when I photographed, and is noticeable in the pictures. It won't be once dry.): 



In the master bedroom




No comments:

Post a Comment